How does Kim Shaw Photography keep your personal data secure?
KSP acknowledge that your personal information should always be respected and kept safe, and we will only ask for the information that we really need.
The information we receive will remain confidential and we will only share it with others where we need to in order that they can assist in delivering our services to you. We will never share or sell your information to any other third parties. Kim Shaw Photography (KSP) will be known forthwith as the Data Controller.
The Data we collect:
We collect various data in order to provide you with the services of our company. We may ask you to provide data, including but not limited to:
- Your first name and surname
- Your address and postcode
- The dates, timings of your day
- The addresses of venues to attend
- The first names of parents, siblings & their immediate families
- The first names of grandparents
- The first names of wedding attendants (ie groomsmen & bridesmaids etc)
We provide a professional wedding photography and portrait service and, as such, we also create and manage images as per our contractual agreement(s).
We use the above data that we collect from you to enable us to contact you about the services that we provide in order that we have the full information of your wedding day or portrait requirements. This will allow us to deliver the services you have requested from us. We may also contact you to make you aware of other products and services provided by ourselves and our other businesses that may be of interest to you including but not limited to: Photo Booths, Audio Guest Books etc.
We collect your data on the following lawful basis: To fulfil the services that you have booked with us and to promote further services that we offer that may be of interest to you and others. We will always seek your consent to use images taken at your wedding/event in any marketing activity including, but not limited to: print and online advertising, social media posts, blogs, wedding fayres, exhibition stands and albums, plus wall mounted display material etc.
When you visit our website and online galleries the host companies and gallery providers will be able to provide you with relevant information with regards to how they collect ‘cookies’, and for this they may ask you for your consent. Cookies are small pieces of data that websites send to a users computer and are stored on the users web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information, such as what a user might have put in a shopping cart for example.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
- All computers that are used to communicate with you and to edit and deliver your images are password protected.
- Your images are stored on hard drives during and after the editing process which are kept secure in locked premises.
- Your edited images will be held in an online password protected gallery which is hosted by either theimagefile.com and/or pic-time.com which are GDPR compliant.
- Hard copies of your contract are stored in files in locked premises.
If we share your personal data with third parties, who do we share it with?
In the course of running our business we sometimes have to share your personal data, but we do this only when necessary. We may share your personal data with, but not limited to, the following third parties:
- Our CRM System
- Our online web hosting companies
- Our email provider
- Our editing software providers
- Our online gallery providers
- Our online album design software providers
- Our album print companies
- Our framing companies
- Our print houses
- Our web and design companies
- Our marketing/social media managers
- Social media platforms
- General marketing companies (local newspapers, wedding fayre organisers etc)
- Our accountant
- Other businesses owned by Kim Shaw
There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
Why do we share your personal data with the above third parties?
When necessary your personal information is shared with the following for the following reasons:
- Our CRM System – as they host our enquiry forms, keep your booking details and may send out automated emails on our behalf etc.
- Our online web hosting companies – as you input your details via our website and also our website contains images.
- Our email provider – so we can communicate with you.
- Our editing software providers – the editing software we use is now only available on a subscription basis therefore the providers may have access any data/images we input.
- Our online gallery providers – as your images are shared to you and your guests via these galleries.
- Our album design software providers – the album design software we use is now only available on a subscription basis therefore the providers may have access any data/images we input.
- Our album print companies – if you have asked for your names and wedding date to be printed on the album for example.
- Our framing companies – in order that they provide your requested service to you or frame images for our marketing.
- Our print houses – as images are sometimes used in our printed material.
- Our web and design companies – as images and venues are sometimes used in our web and stationery designs.
- Our marketing/social media managers – as they ensure our advertising and online presence is up to date and active so as to attract new business.
- Social media platforms – so we can connect and communicate with you (only if you give us your details).
- General marketing companies – to promote our wedding and photographic services.
- Our accountant – so that they can carry out the required legal accountancy services.
- Other businesses owned by Kim Shaw – as they are all administered on the same systems and may have items that would be of interest to couples getting married.
In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data was involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
What rights you have over your data
you have the right to the following:
- to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
- to have any errors in your personal data rectified
- to have your personal data erased
- to block or suppress the processing of your personal data
- to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
- to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
- the rights to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual).
KSP also offer you the option to manage your data via contacting us by email, telephone or in writing.